Sautéed Asparagus Tips and Peas
Serve this alongside Roast Chicken with Lemon and Artichokes.
- 2 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus, tips cut from stalks
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 10-ounce boxes frozen peas, defrosted
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
Yields: 4 servings
Place a large skillet over medium heat with 2 turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons. Add the shallots to the pan and cook until tender, 4-5 minutes.
Add the asparagus tips and stock to the pan and cook until the asparagus is tender, 2-3 minutes. Add the peas to the pan and cook until heated through, 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
While the veggies are cooking, combine the ricotta with the mint and parsley in a small bowl. To serve, transfer the veggies to a serving dish and top with the herbed ricotta.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook