Bobby Deen's Un-fried Chicken
- 8 skinless boneless chicken thighs, trimmed of all visible fat (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon Paula Deen’s House Seasoning
- 1/4 cup reduced fat buttermilk
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 1/4 cups cereal crumbs, preferred brand cornflakes
- Cooking Spray, for skillet
- Paula Deen's House Seasoning:
- 1 cup salt
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- Note: Can be stored in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Spray a large cast-iron skillet with nonstick spray and heat over medium-high.
Sprinkle the chicken with the House Seasoning. In a large bowl, combine the buttermilk, lemon zest, juice, egg whites, and hot sauce. Add the chicken; toss to coat.
Place the cornflake crumbs in another large bowl. Dip the chicken into the crumbs, pressing so the crumbs adhere. Place the chicken in the prepared skillet and then transfer to the oven.
Bake until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through, 40-45 minutes.
Calorie Info Per Serving:
Bobby's Un-fried Chicken: 388 calories, 22.3 grams fat
Paula's Fried Chicken: 669 calories, 26.5 grams fat
Differences: 281 calories, 4.2 grams fat
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook